This article was updated on August 11, 2021
Check out this video on the Sling/Toast integration:
What data syncs?
Send employee information - names, positions, locations, wages, created on Toast to Sling, avoid repeating the task of adding new employees and keep the changes up-to-date.
Send timecards created on Toast to Sling, compare the scheduled and actual hours and costs, analyze discrepancies, and export timesheets for processing payroll as if the time tracking was performed on Sling.
Send sales data straight from your Toast POS to Sling, compare projected and actual sales, labor %, and optimize the cost of labor by building better employee schedules that respect margins you are after.
Connecting your accounts
1. Go to Sling > Settings > Integrations
2. Hit “Connect” next to Toast and copy your Group ID
3. Once you have your code, go to your Toast account
4. On the left panel, go to Integrations > Browse & purchase integrations
5. Find and add Sling:
6. Go back to Integrations > Configure integrations
7. Click on the gear icon next to Sling
8. Add the Group ID you copied step 2 and click on “Apply”
9. Congratulations, your two accounts should be connected now. 🎉
After the connection is established, your employees and timesheets will be imported into Sling. Past the initial import, the data will be automatically synced on an hourly basis. You are also able to sync the data manually whenever the latest updates are required.
It's important to note, that manually removed or edited information that was previously synced from Toast, won't be updated on Sling with the following sync.