This article was last reviewed September 8, 2023.
Through your Toast account, you are eligible to utilize the Scheduling Lite or Scheduling Pro version of Sling. This page explains what data syncs for this integration, how to create a new Sling account for the integration, or how to connect your existing Sling account to your Toast account.
What data syncs?
Send employee information -- names, positions, locations, and wages -- created on Toast to Sling. Keep Sling up-to-date by adding or editing employee details in your Toast account.
Please note that Sling communicates with Toasttab, not with Toast Payroll.
Please note as well that with Scheduling Lite, only the employee data will sync from Toastweb to Sling; all other functions listed below are included with the Scheduling Pro subscription.
Send timecards created on Toast to Sling, compare the scheduled and actual hours and costs, analyze discrepancies, and export timesheets for processing payroll as if the time tracking were performed on Sling.
Timesheet details will now sync in real time! This means any time your time clock data changes in Toast, the details will be synced with Sling immediately. Timesheets also sync bidirectionally. What that means is that employees may clock into their shifts using Toast POS or Sling's time clock! Time clock settings must be aligned for both accounts in order for the integration to work properly.
Send sales data straight from your Toast POS to Sling, compare projected and actual sales, labor %, and optimize the cost of labor by building better employee schedules that respect the margins you are after.
Sling and Toast will automatically sync once every 15 minutes with the exception of timesheets
Changes to employee details must be made in Toasttab in order for them to display properly in Sling
Toast will override Positions, Locations, and wage details that are added directly to Sling
Timesheet corrections must be made in your Toast account in order for it to be accurate; changes made to the Sling timesheets will not sync over to your Toast account
Details in Toast must be accurate as the sync does not currently send information both ways across platforms
Integrations that result in duplicate entries can be cleaned up using Sling's merge option
Connecting to Sling from Toast for the first time
If you do not already have a Sling account
1. Login to your Toastweb account, and select Scheduling from the left-side navigation bar.
Please note: if you do not see Scheduling in your left sidebar then this may mean you do not have permissions to modify this part of the account. Please request that your Toastweb account administrator make this change.
2. Click to Connect, and select the location you would like to integrate with Sling.
3. If you do not already have a Sling account created, you will create an account at this step. If you do already have a Sling account, please proceed to step 7.
Please note: The version of Sling you have access to use will depend on the type of subscription you have for either Scheduling Lite or Scheduling Pro. If you're not sure which version of Sling you're entitled to, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to your Toast representative for clarification.
4. Create your account using the same email you use for Toasttab.
5. Confirm you would like to connect your Toast account to Sling. This can be reversed at a later time if you ever wish to disconnect your Toast account from Sling
6. After a few seconds of the two applications syncing, you will see a message confirming that the Toast-Sling integration was complete. By clicking on the > arrow you will be able to watch an introductory video on how to navigate the basic functions of Sling.
If you already have a Sling account
7. Since you already have a Sling account created, you will select "Connect to existing Sling account".
8. Once logged in, you will be asked to confirm that you would like to integrate your Toast and Sling accounts
9. Once connected, you will be prompted to map any existing Sling locations to the Toast location you are trying to add. If this is a new location in Sling, select "It's a new location."
10. Similarly, you will be asked to specify which employees from Toast need to correspond to existing Sling employee profiles. If these employees do not yet exist in Sling, you will select "It's a new employee".
11. After a few seconds of the two applications syncing, you will see a message confirming that the Toast-Sling integration was complete. By clicking on the > arrow you will be able to watch an introductory video on how to navigate the basic functions of Sling.
Congratulations – your Toast and Sling accounts are connected! 🎉
Back in Toastweb, in the Scheduling page, you will now see the location that you just synced with Sling labeled as "Connected." If you should ever need to refresh the connection, you will select to disconnect from this page as well, at the far right of the location's row.
For more details about merging duplicate entries, please check out this article.
Learn how to enforce the schedule you create in Sling so that employees are clocking into their assigned shifts through the Toast POS.
Need help with adding more of your locations to your Sling account for the Toast integration?
Get the Toast+Sling admin manual.
Have questions about the time clock for the integration? Go here.