Sometimes you will want to request a partial day off rather than a full day. This applies to people who work overnight, for example, and need to request specific hours for one evening into the next morning.
To request partial time off from the Sling mobile app, follow these directions:
1. Log into or open your Sling mobile app, and go to the Shifts tab.
2. Tap the 3 dots in the upper right corner of the screen and select “Request time off.”
3. Indicate that you are not requesting a full day off. This is done by toggling the switch next to where it says “All day” to the left.
4. Tap the “From” day/date and select the starting date and time of your request. In the example above, the request begins at 9 PM Friday, April 30.
5. Tap the “To” day/date and select the ending date and time of your request. In the example above, the request ends at 6 AM Saturday, May 1.
6. Indicate where it says “Type / Select time off type” in the next field what type of time off you are requesting. When you tap the field, you will see the options available to you, as demonstrated in the next example.
7. Once you have completed all the details, tap Save in the upper right corner of the screen. Note that you can also include a comment if you need to.
8. Your time off request will be submitted to the appropriate Manager or Admin for approval. You will see the pending request(s) on your Schedule on the date(s) you have requested time off for.