Timesheets allow managers to accurately track the number of hours an employee has worked so the data can be processed for payroll. This feature functions in cooperation with the Time Clock, which lets employees clock in and out for their shifts right from Sling. To access your employees' Timesheets, click the Time clock tab in the main navigation bar.
You can adjust the range anywhere from one day up to 120 (using the custom range).
The list of shifts will be in order by date, but you can click the different column headers to adjust the order of the list.
There is also an option to choose how the data is grouped - by employee name, position, location, or group.
You can also click the Filter button, then expand the list of columns. Just check or uncheck a column to add or remove it from view. Here are some explanations of the columns that are available:
- Scheduled shift start and end: this will show the start and end time of the shift as it was entered on the schedule
- Clocked in/clocked out time: this is the actual time the employee started and ended their shift using the time clock in Sling
- Break duration: the actual length of break the employee clocked out for
- Actual duration: the total duration of time the employee spent clocked in
- Scheduled duration: the original scheduled duration of the shift
- Duration difference: how long under or over the actual hours were compared to the scheduled hours
- Status (pending/approved): whether the timesheet is pending (employee has logged activity that has not been reviewed by a manager) or approved (the timesheet has been reviewed and confirmed)
- Clock in/clock out distance: how far the employee was from the location at clock in or clock out. This will only appear as an option if you have geofencing enabled and allow employees to clock in outside the set radius.
The Filter button will also expand a row of drop-down menus so you can hide or add specific locations, positions, employees, groups, tags, or statuses.
Finally, you can choose whether to view the information in hours/minutes or decimal format.
Once you have the page laid out the way you want, you also have the option to print or export the data.
Printing will allow you to download a PDF copy of the timesheet report, either for the entire table or for each individual employee.
- The entire table will be one PDF will all the data you've filtered and grouped laid out just as it appears on the webpage.
- Printing for all employees separately will download a .zip file with a separate PDF for each employee. So each PDF will be data for just one employee, for the selected range.
Exporting will allow you to download an XLS or CSV file that reflects the data as you have laid it out on the webpage.