Check out this video on the Sling/Toast integration:
What data syncs?
Send employee information - names, positions, locations, wages, created on Toast to Sling, avoid repeating the task of adding new employees and keep the changes up-to-date.
Send timecards created on Toast to Sling, compare the scheduled and actual hours and costs, analyze discrepancies, and export timesheets for processing payroll as if the time tracking was performed on Sling.
Send sales data straight from your Toast POS to Sling, compare projected and actual sales, labor %, and optimize the cost of labor by building better employee schedules that respect margins you are after.
If you have an existing Sling account:
1. Go to Sling > Settings > Integrations
2. Hit “Connect” next to Toast
3. Copy your Group ID. DO NOT CLICK CONNECT.
4. Once you have your code, go to your Toast account.
5. On the left panel, go to Integrations > Browse & purchase integrations
6. Find and add Sling:
7. Go back to Integrations > Configure integrations.
8. Click on the gear icon next to Sling.
9. Paste the Group ID you copied step 2, and click on “Apply.” Note that if you have more than one location under a single Toast account, you'll need to paste the same Group ID for each of the locations in your Toast settings.
10. Go back to your Sling Integrations page, and now you can click Connect to complete the integration set-up. Your data will begin importing from your Toast account.
11. Congratulations, your two accounts should be connected now! 🎉
**Please note that if your integration is disconnected for any reason, you may need to generate a new Group ID to copy and paste over to your Toast integration settings once more. Essentially, you would need to go through these steps again to ensure that both accounts contain the same, updated code.
After the connection is established, your employees and timesheets will be imported into Sling. Past the initial import, the data will be automatically synced every 15 minutes. You are also able to sync the data manually whenever the latest updates are required.
**It's important to note, that manually removed or edited information that was previously synced from Toast, won't be updated on Sling with the following sync.